Death of Donald R. Burgett A/506th PIR

KlondikeFox

31 Mar 2017, 12:19 #1

As most of you already know, Don passed-on on Thursday 23 March, 2017.People have been wondering where they can mail condolence cards. I just spoke with
Don's daughter Rene and cards can still be sent to Don's last residential address in Howell, MI:
Mrs. Twyla Burgett & family, 4848 Vines Rd, Howell, MI 48843

KlondikeFox

31 Mar 2017, 12:23 #2

For those within traveling distance of Michigan, there will be a informal get together in remembranceof Don Burgett at the American Legion hall in Howell, MI.  This will take place on April 5, 2017, which would have
been Don's 92nd birthday.  The meeting will last from 2PM (1400) until approximately 2100 PM.  
The Legion Hall is located at Grand River Ave & M59.  
You can mail a condolence card to Don's family at this address:

Mrs Twyla Burgett & Family, 4848 Vines Rd, Howell, MI 48843

LewisNixon

12 Apr 2017, 12:08 #3

Godspeed, Mr. Burgett.

Drew Cook

14 Apr 2017, 21:18 #4

Mark,
Just checked Trigger Time for the first time in a while and saw this.  I'm saddened by Don's passing, and my condolences to you as well as his family, as I know you were a good, true friend to Don for many, many years.
I can' t really express my feelings at the loss of this man, whom I knew for more than thirty years only through many a reading and re-reading of his seminal World War II paratrooper at Normandy book Currahee! -- until you introduced me to Don in person at your house, just prior to our trip to Normandy in 2000.  I'll never forget how kind and patient he was to me and my young son Bob when we met you, your son and Don at the Big Boy restaurant the next year.  Thanks for that introduction and those meetings, Mark.  
To Don, who didn't want me to call him Mr. Burgett -- thanks for your youthful courage, your authorship, and for your kindness and patience.  Rest in peace, sir.  Your long race, well run, has ended. We will never forget you.  We will not see your kind pass this way again.

NorthStar

30 Apr 2017, 12:24 #5

Rest in peace, sir. Finding out about this now. So sad. Just thinking of the books he wrote, his speeches that I've seen on Youtube about different subjects including his difficulties he had with the makers of Band of Brothers etc. I send a question and some other posts to his personal website that was up and running few years ago, and he answered my question, I'll always remember his answer. The things he said are so relevant today, I wish young Americans and people around the world would read his books, he has a message that is still very relevant.